Automotive Technician / Mechanic (ASE)
C&A Automotive needs a reliable Automotive Technician to join our team. Customer service and fixing the job right the first time needs to come before anything else at C&A. We operate one of the fastest paced, knowledgeable and efficient repair shops in Eldersburg and we require excellence of our devoted staff. You need to be able to service and repair any car or truck that comes in the door.
Each Automotive Technician must be properly certified and have the experience necessary to provide our customers with optimum service. Maintaining your work area and having a positive attitude is required. Our customers drive everything from trucks, sport utility vehicles and passenger vans to sedans, coupes and sports cars. We accept work for fleet vehicles, so knowledge of larger trucks will be helpful in this position.
We offer generous compensation. Benefits include top pay, company match retirement, uniforms, training and a company you can be proud to work for. We have a great team that supports each other with the number one goal of exceptional customer service. Our customers are the most important part of our team.
- Perform routine automotive maintenance tasks, including oil changes, tire rotations, transmission flushes, air conditioner re-charges, front-end alignments, battery installations and headlight/taillight installations
- Maintain a working knowledge of current industry best practices in automotive repair
- Conduct extensive diagnostic procedures to determine the sources of customers’ problems and provide accurate repair recommendations
- Inspect vehicles according to the state’s requirements for emissions and safety
- Conduct necessary repairs and take vehicles for test drives to verify soundness
- Maintain legible and accurate paperwork for both the customer and for our records
- Clean and maintain the work environment to ensure equipment longevity and workplace safety
- ASE certification required, Master Technician preferred or willingness to obtain
- Maryland State Inspector preferred or willingness to obtain
- 3+ years of Automotive and engine repair experience required
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
- Must read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Perform routine maintenance and other tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to participate in ongoing & in-house training
- May lift objects that weigh as much as 50 lbs.
- Ability to use the diagnostic equipment.
- Experience with heavy equipment and as a diesel mechanic, diesel engine knowledge, or prepared to do on-the-job training.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $32.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off